ICD-10-CM Code A17.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A17.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of meningeal tuberculoma. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A17 is used to code Tuberculosis
Tuberculosis (MTB, TB) is an infectious disease caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but can also affect other parts of the body. Most infections do not have symptoms, known as latent tuberculosis. About 10% of latent infections eventually progresses to active disease which, if left untreated, kills about half of those infected. The classic symptoms of active TB are a chronic cough with blood-tinged sputum, fever, night sweats, and weight loss. This weight loss was what gave rise to the old term "consumption" for the disease. Infection of other organs can cause a wide range of symptoms.
|Specialty:||Infectious Disease, Pulmonology|
|MeSH Codes:||D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376|
|ICD 9 Codes:||10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18|
Chest X-ray of a person with advanced tuberculosis: Infection in both lungs is marked by white arrow-heads, and the formation of a cavity is marked by black arrows.
Coding Notes for A17.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Tuberculoma of meninges (cerebral) (spinal)
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Tuberculoma of brain and spinal cord - instead, use code A17.81
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #094-096 - Bacterial and tuberculous infections of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #094-096 - Bacterial and tuberculous infections of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #094-096 - Bacterial and tuberculous infections of nervous system without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Tuberculoma of meninges (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A17.1 - Meningeal tuberculoma'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A17.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A17.1 and a single ICD9 code, 013.10 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.