ICD-10-CM Code A18.01
Tuberculosis of spine
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A18.01 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of tuberculosis of spine. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A180 is used to code Pott disease
Pott disease or Pott's disease is a form of tuberculosis that occurs outside the lungs whereby disease is seen in the vertebrae. Tuberculosis can affect several tissues outside of the lungs including the spine, a kind of tuberculous arthritis of the intervertebral joints. The disease is named after Percivall Pott (1714–1788), a British surgeon. The lower thoracic and upper lumbar vertebrae are the areas of the spine most often affected. The formal name for the disease is tuberculous spondylitis and it is most commonly localized in the thoracic portion of the spine.
|ICD 9 Code:||150|
Coding Notes for A18.01 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Pott's disease or curvature of spine
- Tuberculous arthritis
- Tuberculous osteomyelitis of spine
- Tuberculous spondylitis
- DRG Group #456-458 - Spinal fus except cerv with spinal curv or malig or infec or 9+ fus with MCC.
- DRG Group #456-458 - Spinal fus except cerv with spinal curv or malig or infec or 9+ fus with CC.
- DRG Group #456-458 - Spinal fus except cerv with spinal curv or malig or infec or 9+ fus without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis with CC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Pott's curvature (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A18.01 - Tuberculosis of spine'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A18.01. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A18.01 and a single ICD9 code, 737.40 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.