ICD-10-CM Code A18.2
Tuberculous peripheral lymphadenopathy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A18.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of tuberculous peripheral lymphadenopathy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A182 is used to code Tuberculous lymphadenitis
Tuberculous lymphadenitis (or tuberculous adenitis) is a chronic specific granulomatous inflammation of the lymph node with caseation necrosis, caused by infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis or Mycobacterium bovis.
|ICD 9 Code:||172|
Tubercular adenitis with sinus
Coding Notes for A18.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Tuberculous adenitis
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Tuberculosis of bronchial and mediastinal lymph nodes - instead, use code A15.4
- Tuberculosis of mesenteric and retroperitoneal lymph nodes - instead, use code A18.39
- Tuberculous tracheobronchial adenopathy - instead, use code A15.4
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cervical tuberculous lymphadenitis (disorder)
- Tuberculous adenitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A18.2 - Tuberculous peripheral lymphadenopathy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A18.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A18.2 and a single ICD9 code, 017.20 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.