ICD-10-CM Code A18.4
Tuberculosis of skin and subcutaneous tissue
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A18.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of tuberculosis of skin and subcutaneous tissue. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A184 is used to code Erythema induratum
Bazin disease (or "Erythema induratum") is a panniculitis on the back of the calves.
|ICD 9 Code:||171|
Coding Notes for A18.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Erythema induratum, tuberculous
- Lupus excedens
- Lupus vulgaris NOS
- Lupus vulgaris of eyelid
- Tuberculosis of external ear
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Lupus erythematosus - instead, use code L93.-
- Lupus NOS - instead, use code M32.9
- Systemic - instead, use code M32.-
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders without MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Acute miliary cutaneous tuberculosis (disorder)
- Tuberculous abscess of neck (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A18.4 - Tuberculosis of skin and subcutaneous tissue'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A18.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A18.4 and a single ICD9 code, 017.10 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.