ICD-10-CM Code A42.89
Other forms of actinomycosis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A42.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other forms of actinomycosis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A42 is used to code Actinomycosis
Actinomycosis is an infectious bacterial disease caused by Actinomyces species such as Actinomyces israelii or A. gerencseriae. It can also be caused by Propionibacterium propionicus, and the condition is likely to be polymicrobial aerobic anaerobic infection.
|ICD 9 Code:||39|
A man with Actinomycosis on the right side of his face.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Actinomycotic prostatitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A42.89 - Other forms of actinomycosis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A42.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A42.89 and a single ICD9 code, 039.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.