ICD-10-CM Code A54.24
Gonococcal female pelvic inflammatory disease
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
A54.24 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of gonococcal female pelvic inflammatory disease. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for A54.24 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Gonococcal pelviperitonitis
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Gonococcal peritonitis - instead, use code A54.85
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with CC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Acute gonococcal salpingitis (disorder)
- Chronic gonococcal salpingitis (disorder)
- Acute gonococcal endometritis (disorder)
- Gonococcal pelvic peritonitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A54.24 - Gonococcal female pelvic inflammatory disease'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A54.24. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A54.24 and a single ICD9 code, 098.36 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.