ICD-10-CM Code A54.5
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A54.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of gonococcal pharyngitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri with MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri without MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A54.5 - Gonococcal pharyngitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A54.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 098.6 was previously used, A54.5 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.