ICD-10-CM Code A55
Chlamydial lymphogranuloma (venereum)
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A55 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of chlamydial lymphogranuloma (venereum). A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A55 is used to code Chlamydia infection
Chlamydia infection (from the Greek, χλαμύδα meaning "cloak") is a common sexually transmitted infection in humans caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. The term Chlamydia infection can also refer to infection caused by any species belonging to the bacterial family Chlamydiaceae. C. trachomatis is found only in humans. Chlamydia is a major infectious cause of human genital and eye disease. Chlamydia infection is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections worldwide; it is estimated that about 1 million individuals in the United States are infected with chlamydia.
|Specialty:||Infectious Disease, Gynecology, Urology|
|MeSH Codes:||D002690, D002690|
|ICD 9 Codes:||994.1, 483.1|
Pap smear showing C. trachomatis (H&E stain)
Coding Notes for A55 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Climatic or tropical bubo
- Durand-Nicolas-Favre disease
- Lymphogranuloma inguinale
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system without MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with CC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Lymphedema due to lymphogranuloma venereum (disorder)
- Lymphogranuloma venereum (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A55 - Chlamydial lymphogranuloma (venereum)'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A55. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 099.1 was previously used, A55 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.