ICD-10-CM Code A59.00
Urogenital trichomoniasis, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A59.00 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of urogenital trichomoniasis, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A59 is used to code Trichomoniasis
Trichomoniasis is a common cause of vaginitis. It is a sexually transmitted infection, and is caused by the single-celled protozoan parasite Trichomonas vaginalis producing mechanical stress on host cells and then ingesting cell fragments after cell death. Trichomoniasis is primarily an infection of the urogenital tract; the most common site of infection is the urethra and the vagina in women.
|MeSH Codes:||D014246, D014246|
|ICD 9 Codes:||131, 73|
Micrograph showing a positive result for trichomoniasis. A trichomonas organism is seen on the top-right of the image.
Coding Notes for A59.00 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Fluor (vaginalis) due to Trichomonas
- Leukorrhea (vaginalis) due to Trichomonas
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system without MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with CC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A59.00 - Urogenital trichomoniasis, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A59.00. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 131.00 was previously used, A59.00 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.