ICD-10-CM Code A60.1
Herpesviral infection of perianal skin and rectum
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A60.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of herpesviral infection of perianal skin and rectum. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A60 is used to code Herpes simplex
Herpes simplex (Greek: ἕρπης herpēs, "creeping" or "latent") is a viral disease caused by the herpes simplex virus. Infections are categorized based on the part of the body infected. Oral herpes involves the face or mouth. It may result in small blisters in groups often called cold sores or fever blisters or may just cause a sore throat. Genital herpes, often simply known as herpes, may have minimal symptoms or form blisters that break open and result in small ulcers. These typically heal over two to four weeks. Tingling or shooting pains may occur before the blisters appear. Herpes cycles between periods of active disease followed by periods without symptoms. The first episode is often more severe and may be associated with fever, muscle pains, swollen lymph nodes and headaches. Over time, episodes of active disease decrease in frequency and severity. Other disorders caused by herpes simplex include: herpetic whitlow when it involves the fingers, herpes of the eye, herpes infection of the brain, and neonatal herpes when it affects a newborn, among others.
|MeSH Codes:||D006561, D006561, D006561, D006561, D006561|
|ICD 9 Codes:||540, 541, 542, 543, 771.2|
Herpes labialis of the lower lip. Note the blisters in a group marked by an arrow.
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system without MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with CC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Recurrent herpes simplex infection of perianal area (disorder)
- Herpesviral infection of perianal skin and rectum (disorder)
- Primary perianal herpes simplex infection (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A60.1 - Herpesviral infection of perianal skin and rectum'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A60.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A60.1 and a single ICD9 code, 054.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.