ICD-10-CM Code A80.2
Acute paralytic poliomyelitis, wild virus, indigenous
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A80.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of acute paralytic poliomyelitis, wild virus, indigenous. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A80 is used to code Poliomyelitis
Poliomyelitis, often called polio or infantile paralysis, is an infectious disease caused by the poliovirus. In about 0.5% of cases there is muscle weakness resulting in an inability to move. This can occur over a few hours to few days. The weakness most often involves the legs but may less commonly involve the muscles of the head, neck and diaphragm. Many but not all people fully recover. In those with muscle weakness about 2% to 5% of children and 15% to 30% of adults die. Another 25% of people have minor symptoms such as fever and a sore throat and up to 5% have headache, neck stiffness and pains in the arms and legs. These people are usually back to normal within one or two weeks. In up to 70% of infections there are no symptoms. Years after recovery post-polio syndrome may occur, with a slow development of muscle weakness similar to what the person had during the initial infection.
|Specialty:||Neurology, Infectious Disease|
|ICD 9 Code:||451.38|
A man with a small right leg due to poliomyelitis
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Acute paralytic poliomyelitis, wild virus, indigenous (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A80.2 - Acute paralytic poliomyelitis, wild virus, indigenous'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A80.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A80.2 and a single ICD9 code, 045.10 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.