ICD-10-CM Code A81.89
Other atypical virus infections of central nervous system
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A81.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other atypical virus infections of central nervous system. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A818 is used to code Kuru (disease)
Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder endemic to tribal regions of Papua New Guinea. It is a type of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, caused by a prion found in humans.
|ICD 9 Code:||460|
- DRG Group #056-057 - Degenerative nervous system disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #056-057 - Degenerative nervous system disorders without MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A81.89 - Other atypical virus infections of central nervous system'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A81.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A81.89 and a single ICD9 code, 046.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.