ICD-10-CM Code A83.1
Western equine encephalitis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A83.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of western equine encephalitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A831 is used to code Western equine encephalitis virus
The Western equine encephalomyelitis virus is the causative agent of relatively uncommon viral disease Western equine encephalomyelitis (WEE). An Alphavirus of the family Togaviridae, the WEE virus is an arbovirus (arthropod-borne virus) transmitted by mosquitoes of the genera Culex and Culiseta. WEE is a recombinant virus between two other alphaviruses, an ancestral Sindbis virus-like virus, and an ancestral Eastern equine encephalitis virus-like virus. There have been under 700 confirmed cases in the U.S. since 1964.
|ICD 9 Code:||621|
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A83.1 - Western equine encephalitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A83.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 062.1 was previously used, A83.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.