ICD-10-CM Code A85.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A85.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of adenoviral encephalitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A85 is used to code Viral encephalitis
Coding Notes for A85.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Adenoviral meningoencephalitis
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Subacute adenoviral encephalitis associated with AIDS (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A85.1 - Adenoviral encephalitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A85.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A85.1 and a single ICD9 code, 049.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.