ICD-10-CM Code B02.32
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B02.32 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of zoster iridocyclitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B02 is used to code Herpes zoster ophthalmicus
herpes zoster ophthalmicus (hzo) and also known as ophthalmic zoster is a disease characterised by reactivation of dormant varicella zoster virus residing within the ophthalmic nerve (the first division of the trigeminal nerve).:380 this condition is an important subtype of shingles, representing 15% of all cases. herpes zoster ophthalmicus is transmitted via direct contact or droplets. varicella zoster virus is a dna virus which produces acidophilic intranuclear inclusion bodies. the virus is neurotrophic in nature.
|ICD 9 Code:||532.0|
Herpes zoster ophthalmicus
- DRG Group #124-125 - Other disorders of the eye with MCC.
- DRG Group #124-125 - Other disorders of the eye without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Herpes zoster iridocyclitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B02.32 - Zoster iridocyclitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B02.32. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 053.22 was previously used, B02.32 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.