ICD-10-CM Code B18.2
Chronic viral hepatitis C
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B18.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of chronic viral hepatitis C. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B182 is used to code Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C is an infectious disease caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV) that primarily affects the liver. During the initial infection people often have mild or no symptoms. Occasionally a fever, dark urine, abdominal pain, and yellow tinged skin occurs. The virus persists in the liver in about 75% to 85% of those initially infected. Early on chronic infection typically has no symptoms. Over many years however, it often leads to liver disease and occasionally cirrhosis. In some cases, those with cirrhosis will develop complications such as liver failure, liver cancer, or esophageal and gastric varices.
|Specialty:||Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease|
|MeSH Codes:||D006526, D006526, D006526|
|ICD 9 Codes:||707.0, 704, 705|
Electron micrograph of hepatitis C virus from cell culture (scale = 50 nanometers)
- DRG Group #441-443 - Disorders of liver except malig, cirr, alc hepa with MCC.
- DRG Group #441-443 - Disorders of liver except malig, cirr, alc hepa with CC.
- DRG Group #441-443 - Disorders of liver except malig, cirr, alc hepa without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cryoglobulinemia due to chronic hepatitis C (disorder)
- Reactivation of hepatitis C viral hepatitis (disorder)
- Cirrhosis of liver due to chronic hepatitis C (disorder)
- Chronic viral hepatitis C with hepatic coma (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B18.2 - Chronic viral hepatitis C'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B18.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B18.2 and a single ICD9 code, 070.54 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.