ICD-10-CM Code B25.8
Other cytomegaloviral diseases
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B25.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other cytomegaloviral diseases. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B258 is used to code Cytomegalovirus retinitis
Cytomegalovirus retinitis, also known as CMV retinitis, is an inflammation of the retina of the eye that can lead to blindness. Caused by human cytomegalovirus, it occurs predominantly in people whose immune system has been compromised.
|ICD 9 Code:||785|
Fundus photograph of CMV retinitis
Coding Notes for B25.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cytomegaloviral encephalitis
- DRG Group #865-866 - Viral illness with MCC.
- DRG Group #865-866 - Viral illness without MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cytomegaloviral retinitis (disorder)
- Cytomegaloviral gastritis (disorder)
- Endocochlear cytomegalovirus infection (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider laterality specification
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B25.8 - Other cytomegaloviral diseases'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B25.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B25.8 and a single ICD9 code, 078.5 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.