ICD-10-CM Code B35.4
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B35.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of tinea corporis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B354 is used to code Tinea corporis
Tinea corporis (also known as ringworm, tinea circinata, and tinea glabrosa) is a superficial fungal infection (dermatophytosis) of the arms and legs, especially on glabrous skin; however, it may occur on any part of the body.
|ICD 9 Code:||110.5|
This patient presented with ringworm on the arm, or tinea corporis due to Trichophyton mentagrophytes.
Coding Notes for B35.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Ringworm of the body
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Tinea corporis due to Microsporum distortum (disorder)
- Tinea corporis due to Microsporum ferrugineum (disorder)
- Tinea corporis due to Microsporum persicolor (disorder)
- Tinea corporis due to Trichophyton soudanense (disorder)
- Tinea corporis due to Trichophyton tonsurans variant tonsurans (disorder)
- Tinea corporis due to Trichophyton verrucosum (disorder)
- Tinea corporis due to Trichophyton violaceum (disorder)
- Tinea corporis due to Trichophyton yaoundei (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B35.4 - Tinea corporis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B35.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B35.4 and a single ICD9 code, 110.5 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.