ICD-10-CM Code B37.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B37.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of pulmonary candidiasis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B37 is used to code Candidiasis
Candidiasis is a fungal infection due to any type of Candida (a type of yeast). When it affects the mouth, it is commonly called thrush. Signs and symptoms include white patches on the tongue or other areas of the mouth and throat. Other symptoms may include soreness and problems swallowing. When it affects the vagina, it is commonly called a yeast infection. Signs and symptoms include genital itching, burning, and sometimes a white "cottage cheese-like" discharge from the vagina. Less commonly the penis may be affected, resulting in itchiness. Very rarely, the infection may become invasive spreading throughout the body, resulting in fevers along with other symptoms depending on the parts of the body affected.
|ICD 9 Code:||112|
Oral candidiasis (thrush)
Coding Notes for B37.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Candidal bronchitis
- Candidal pneumonia
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with MCC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with CC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Neonatal candidiasis of lung (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B37.1 - Pulmonary candidiasis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B37.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B37.1 and a single ICD9 code, 112.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.