ICD-10-CM Code B37.84
Candidal otitis externa
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B37.84 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of candidal otitis externa. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B37 is used to code Candidiasis
Candidiasis is a fungal infection due to any type of Candida (a type of yeast). When it affects the mouth, it is commonly called thrush. Signs and symptoms include white patches on the tongue or other areas of the mouth and throat. Other symptoms may include soreness and problems swallowing. When it affects the vagina, it is commonly called a yeast infection. Signs and symptoms include genital itching, burning, and sometimes a white "cottage cheese-like" discharge from the vagina. Less commonly the penis may be affected, resulting in itchiness. Very rarely, the infection may become invasive spreading throughout the body, resulting in fevers along with other symptoms depending on the parts of the body affected.
|ICD 9 Code:||112|
Oral candidiasis (thrush)
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Chronic otitis externa due to moniliasis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B37.84 - Candidal otitis externa'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B37.84. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 112.82 was previously used, B37.84 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.