ICD-10-CM Code B45.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B45.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of cerebral cryptococcosis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B45 is used to code Cryptococcosis
Cryptococcosis, also known as cryptococcal disease, is a potentially fatal fungal disease. It is caused by one of two species; Cryptococcus neoformans and Cryptococcus gattii. These were all previously thought to be subspecies of C. neoformans but have now been identified as distinct species.
|Specialty:||Infectious Disease, Pulmonology|
|ICD 9 Code:||117.5|
Micrograph of cryptococcosis showing the characteristically thick capsule of cryptococcus. Field stain.
Coding Notes for B45.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cryptococcal meningitis
- Cryptococcosis meningocerebralis
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cryptococcal meningitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B45.1 - Cerebral cryptococcosis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B45.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B45.1 and a single ICD9 code, 321.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: B45 - Cryptococcosis