ICD-10-CM Code B48.2
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B48.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of allescheriasis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for B48.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Infection due to Pseudallescheria boydii
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Eumycetoma - instead, use code B47.0
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B48.2 - Allescheriasis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B48.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 117.6 was previously used, B48.2 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.