ICD-10-CM Code B59
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B59 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of pneumocystosis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for B59 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Pneumonia due to Pneumocystis carinii
- Pneumonia due to Pneumocystis jiroveci
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with MCC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with CC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B59 - Pneumocystosis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B59. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 136.3 was previously used, B59 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.