ICD-10-CM Code B96.7
Clostridium perfringens [C. perfringens] as the cause of diseases classified elsewhere
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B96.7 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of clostridium perfringens [C. perfringens] as the cause of diseases classified elsewhere. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B96 is used to code Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis (BV), also known as vaginal bacteriosis or Gardnerella vaginitis, is a disease of the vagina caused by excessive growth of bacteria. Common symptoms include increased vaginal discharge that often smells like fish. The discharge is usually white or gray in color. Burning with urination may occur. Itching is uncommon. Occasionally there may be no symptoms. Having BV increases the risk of infection by a number of other sexually transmitted infections including HIV/AIDS. It also increases the risk of early delivery among pregnant women.
|Specialty:||Gynecology, Infectious Disease|
|ICD 9 Code:||616.1|
Micrograph of bacterial vaginosis — cells of the cervix covered with rod-shaped bacteria, Gardnerella vaginalis (arrows).
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Hemolytic anemia due to Clostridium welchii (disorder)
- Infection due to Clostridium perfringens type C (disorder)
- Infection due to Clostridium perfringens type D (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- This is an infectious agent code for use in a secondary position
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B96.7 - Clostridium perfringens [C. perfringens] as the cause of diseases classified elsewhere'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B96.7. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B96.7 and a single ICD9 code, 041.83 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.