ICD-10-CM Code B99.8
Other infectious disease
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B99.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other infectious disease. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B99 is used to code Infection
Infection is the invasion of an organism's body tissues by disease-causing agents, their multiplication, and the reaction of host tissues to these organisms and the toxins they produce.Infectious disease, also known as transmissible disease or communicable disease, is illness resulting from an infection.
|MeSH Codes:||D003141, D003141, D003141, D003141, D003141|
|ICD 9 Codes:||1, 10, 20, 30, 139|
A false-colored electron micrograph shows a malaria sporozoite migrating through the midgut epithelia.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B99.8 - Other infectious disease'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B99.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B99.8 and a single ICD9 code, 136.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.