ICD-10-CM Code C02.2
Malignant neoplasm of ventral surface of tongue
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C02.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of ventral surface of tongue. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C02 is used to code Simple Cancer
cancer, also known as a malignant tumor or malignant neoplasm, is a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body. not all tumors are cancerous; benign tumors do not spread to other parts of the body. possible signs and symptoms include: a new lump, abnormal bleeding, a prolonged cough, unexplained weight loss, and a change in bowel movements, among others. while these symptoms may indicate cancer they may also occur due to other issues. there are over 100 different known cancers that affect humans.
|MeSH Codes:||D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369|
|ICD 9 Codes:||140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 239|
A coronal CT scan showing a malignant mesothelioma
Coding Notes for C02.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of anterior two-thirds of tongue, ventral surface
- Malignant neoplasm of frenulum linguae
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Carcinoma of frenum linguae (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of ventral surface of tongue (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
- Possible requirement for place of occurrence
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C02.2 - Malignant neoplasm of ventral surface of tongue'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C02.2. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 141.3 was previously used, C02.2 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.