ICD-10-CM Code C03.9
Malignant neoplasm of gum, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C03.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of gum, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C03 is used to code Simple Cancer
cancer, also known as a malignant tumor or malignant neoplasm, is a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body. not all tumors are cancerous; benign tumors do not spread to other parts of the body. possible signs and symptoms include: a new lump, abnormal bleeding, a prolonged cough, unexplained weight loss, and a change in bowel movements, among others. while these symptoms may indicate cancer they may also occur due to other issues. there are over 100 different known cancers that affect humans.
|MeSH Codes:||D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369, D009369|
|ICD 9 Codes:||140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 239|
A coronal CT scan showing a malignant mesothelioma
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C03.9 - Malignant neoplasm of gum, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C03.9. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code C03.9 and a single ICD9 code, 143.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.