ICD-10-CM Code C08
Malignant neoplasm of other and unspecified major salivary glands
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C08 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of C08 that describes the diagnosis 'malignant neoplasm of other and unsp major salivary glands' in more detail.
- C08 Malignant neoplasm of other and unspecified major salivary glands NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code C08 is used to code Head and neck cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer that starts in the lip, oral cavity (mouth), nasal cavity (inside the nose), paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx or parotid glands.
|MeSH Codes:||D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258|
|ICD 9 Codes:||140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149|
Coding Notes for C08 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Malignant neoplasm of salivary ducts
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Alcohol abuse and dependence See code F10.-
- Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z77.22
- Exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period See code P96.81
- History of tobacco use See code Z87.891
- Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z57.31
- Tobacco dependence See code F17.-
- Tobacco use See code Z72.0
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Malignant neoplasms of specified minor salivary glands which are classified according to their anatomical location
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Malignant neoplasms of minor salivary glands NOS - instead, use code C06.9
- Malignant neoplasm of parotid gland - instead, use Code C07
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C08 - Malignant neoplasm of other and unspecified major salivary glands'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C08. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C08 - Malignant neoplasm of other and unspecified major salivary glands'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C08. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.