ICD-10-CM Code C10.1
Malignant neoplasm of anterior surface of epiglottis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C10.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of anterior surface of epiglottis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C10 is used to code Head and neck cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer that starts in the lip, oral cavity (mouth), nasal cavity (inside the nose), paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx or parotid glands.
|MeSH Codes:||D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258|
|ICD 9 Codes:||140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149|
Coding Notes for C10.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of epiglottis, free border [margin]
- Malignant neoplasm of glossoepiglottic fold(s)
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Malignant neoplasm of epiglottis (suprahyoid portion) NOS - instead, use code C32.1
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Primary squamous cell carcinoma of anterior surface of epiglottis (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of anterior aspect of epiglottis (disorder)
- Malignant neoplasm of anterior epiglottis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C10.1 - Malignant neoplasm of anterior surface of epiglottis'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C10.1. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 146.4 was previously used, C10.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.