ICD-10-CM Code C13
Malignant neoplasm of hypopharynx
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C13 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of C13 that describes the diagnosis 'malignant neoplasm of hypopharynx' in more detail.
- C13 Malignant neoplasm of hypopharynx NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code C13 is used to code Hypopharyngeal cancer
Hypopharyngeal cancer is a disease in which malignant cells grow in the hypopharynx (the area where the larynx and esophagus meet).
|MeSH Codes:||, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258|
|ICD 9 Codes:||, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149|
Coding Notes for C13 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z77.22
- Exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period See code P96.81
- History of tobacco use See code Z87.891
- Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z57.31
- Tobacco dependence See code F17.-
- Tobacco use See code Z72.0
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Malignant neoplasm of pyriform sinus - instead, use Code C12
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C13 - Malignant neoplasm of hypopharynx'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C13. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.