ICD-10-CM Code C16
Malignant neoplasm of stomach
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C16 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of C16 that describes the diagnosis 'malignant neoplasm of stomach' in more detail.
- C16 Malignant neoplasm of stomach NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C16.0 Malignant neoplasm of
- BILLABLE C16.1 Malignant neoplasm of stomach
- BILLABLE C16.2 Malignant neoplasm of stomach
- BILLABLE C16.3 Malignant neoplasm of
- BILLABLE C16.4 Malignant neoplasm of
- BILLABLE C16.5 Malignant neoplasm of
- BILLABLE C16.6 Malignant neoplasm of
- BILLABLE C16.8 Malignant neoplasm of stomach
- BILLABLE C16.9 Malignant neoplasm of
The ICD code C16 is used to code Stomach cancer
Stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer, is cancer developing from the lining of the stomach. Early symptoms may include heartburn, upper abdominal pain, nausea and loss of appetite. Later signs and symptoms may include weight loss, yellow skin and whites of the eyes, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, and blood in the stool among others. The cancer may spread from the stomach to other parts of the body, particularly the liver, lungs, bones, lining of the abdomen and lymph nodes.
|ICD 9 Code:||151|
A stomach ulcer that was diagnosed as cancer on biopsy and surgically removed.
Coding Notes for C16 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Alcohol abuse and dependence See code F10.-
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Malignant carcinoid tumor of the stomach - instead, use code C7A.092
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C16 - Malignant neoplasm of stomach'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C16. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C16 - Malignant neoplasm of stomach'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C16. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.