ICD-10-CM Code C25.1
Malignant neoplasm of body of pancreas
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C25.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of body of pancreas. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C25 is used to code Pancreatic cancer (Version H)
pancreatic cancer is a malignant neoplasm originating from transformed cells arising in tissues forming the pancreas. the most common type of pancreatic cancer, accounting for 95% of these tumors, is adenocarcinoma (tumors exhibiting glandular architecture on light microscopy) arising within the exocrine component of the pancreas. a minority arise from islet cells, and are classified as neuroendocrine tumors. the signs and symptoms that eventually lead to the diagnosis depend on the location, the size, and the tissue type of the tumor, and may include abdominal pain, lower back pain, and jaundice (if the tumor compresses the bile duct), unexplained weight loss, and digestive problems.
|MeSH Codes:||D010190, D010190, D010190, D010190, D010190, D010190, D010190, D010190, D010190, D010190|
|ICD 9 Codes:||157.0, 157.1, 157.2, 157.3, 157.4, 157.5, 157.6, 157.7, 157.8, 157.9|
- DRG Group #435-437 - Malignancy of hepatobiliary system or pancreas with MCC.
- DRG Group #435-437 - Malignancy of hepatobiliary system or pancreas with CC.
- DRG Group #435-437 - Malignancy of hepatobiliary system or pancreas without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Primary malignant neoplasm of body of pancreas (disorder)
- Malignant tumor of body of pancreas (disorder)
- Carcinoma of body of pancreas (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C25.1 - Malignant neoplasm of body of pancreas'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C25.1. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 157.1 was previously used, C25.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.