ICD-10-CM Code C30.1
Malignant neoplasm of middle ear
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C30.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of middle ear. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for C30.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of antrum tympanicum
- Malignant neoplasm of auditory tube
- Malignant neoplasm of eustachian tube
- Malignant neoplasm of inner ear
- Malignant neoplasm of mastoid air cells
- Malignant neoplasm of tympanic cavity
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Malignant neoplasm of auricular canal (external) (C43.2-,C44.2-) - instead, use code C43.2-
- Malignant neoplasm of bone of ear (meatus) - instead, use code C41.0
- Malignant neoplasm of cartilage of ear - instead, use code C49.0
- Malignant melanoma of skin of (external) ear - instead, use code C43.2-
- Other and unspecified malignant neoplasm of skin of (external) ear - instead, use code C44.2-
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Malignant tumor of opening of auditory tube (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of eustachian tube (disorder)
- Malignant tumor of Eustachian tube (disorder)
- Malignant tumor of mastoid air cells (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C30.1 - Malignant neoplasm of middle ear'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C30.1. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 160.1 was previously used, C30.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.