ICD-10-CM Code C32.0
Malignant neoplasm of glottis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C32.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of glottis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C32 is used to code Respiratory tract neoplasm
A respiratory tract neoplasm is a tumor that affects a portion of the respiratory tract. Most occur in the thorax.
|MeSH Codes:||D012142, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258|
|ICD 9 Codes:||, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149|
Coding Notes for C32.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of intrinsic larynx
- Malignant neoplasm of laryngeal commissure (anterior)(posterior)
- Malignant neoplasm of vocal cord (true) NOS
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Carcinoma of glottis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C32.0 - Malignant neoplasm of glottis'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C32.0. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 161.0 was previously used, C32.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.