ICD-10-CM Code C43.70
Malignant melanoma of unspecified lower limb, including hip
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C43.70 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant melanoma of unspecified lower limb, including hip. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C43 is used to code Melanoma
Melanoma, also known as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer that develops from the pigment-containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas typically occur in the skin but may rarely occur in the mouth, intestines, or eye. In women they most commonly occur on the legs, while in men they are most common on the back. Sometimes they develop from a mole with concerning changes including an increase in size, irregular edges, change in color, itchiness, or skin breakdown.
|Specialty:||Oncology And Dermatology|
|ICD 9 Code:||172.9|
A melanoma of approximately 2.5 cm by 1.5 cm
- DRG Group #595-596 - Major skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #595-596 - Major skin disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Malignant melanoma of skin of thigh (disorder)
- Malignant melanoma of skin of popliteal area (disorder)
- Malignant melanoma of skin of ankle (disorder)
- Malignant melanoma of skin of lower leg (disorder)
- Malignant melanoma of skin of foot (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code C43.70 and a single ICD9 code, 172.7 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.