ICD-10-CM Code C44.02
Squamous cell carcinoma of skin of lip
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C44.02 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of squamous cell carcinoma of skin of lip. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C44 is used to code Merkel-cell carcinoma
Merkel-cell carcinoma is a rare and highly aggressive skin cancer, which, in most cases, is caused by the Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCV) discovered by scientists at the University of Pittsburgh in 2008. It is also known as cutaneous APUDoma, primary neuroendocrine carcinoma of the skin, primary small cell carcinoma of the skin, and trabecular carcinoma of the skin.
|MeSH Codes:||D015266, D015266, D015266, D015266, D015266, D015266|
|ICD 9 Codes:||209.31, 209.32, 209.33, 209.34, 209.35, 209.36|
Micrograph of a Merkel-cell carcinoma. H&E stain.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Squamous cell carcinoma of skin of upper lip (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C44.02 - Squamous cell carcinoma of skin of lip'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C44.02. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 173.02 was previously used, C44.02 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.
Parent Code: C44.0 - Other and unspecified malignant neoplasm of skin of lip