ICD-10-CM Code C45.1
Mesothelioma of peritoneum
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C45.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of mesothelioma of peritoneum. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C451 is used to code Peritoneal mesothelioma
Peritoneal mesothelioma is the name given to the cancer that attacks the lining of the abdomen. This type of cancer affects the lining that protects the contents of the abdomen and which also provides a lubricating fluid to enable the organs to move and work properly.
Micrograph of a cytopathology specimen showing mesothelioma. The cytopathologic appearance of mesothelioma in the pleural cavity and peritoneal cavity is not distinguishable.
Coding Notes for C45.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Mesothelioma of cul-de-sac
- Mesothelioma of mesentery
- Mesothelioma of mesocolon
- Mesothelioma of omentum
- Mesothelioma of peritoneum (parietal) (pelvic)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Other malignant neoplasm of soft tissue of peritoneum - instead, use code C48.-
- DRG Group #374-376 - Digestive malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #374-376 - Digestive malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #374-376 - Digestive malignancy without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Malignant mesothelioma of peritoneum (disorder)
- Malignant mesothelioma of mesentery (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C45.1 - Mesothelioma of peritoneum'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C45.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code C45.1 and a single ICD9 code, 158.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.