ICD-10-CM Code C46.1
Kaposi's sarcoma of soft tissue
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C46.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of kaposi's sarcoma of soft tissue. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C46 is used to code Vascular tissue neoplasm
A vascular tissue neoplasm is a tumor arising from endothelial cells, the cells that line the wall of blood vessels and lymphatic vessels, as well as the heart. Vascular tissue neoplasms is a group containing tumors with the same tissue origin; in other words, it denotes histological classification, rather than anatomic (i.e. where in the body the neoplasm is found) or clinical one. They can occur everywhere in the body where vessels are to be found.
|MeSH Codes:||D009383, D009383, D009383, D009383|
|ICD 9 Codes:||171, 176, 215, 238.1|
Coding Notes for C46.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Kaposi's sarcoma of blood vessel
- Kaposi's sarcoma of connective tissue
- Kaposi's sarcoma of fascia
- Kaposi's sarcoma of ligament
- Kaposi's sarcoma of lymphatic(s) NEC
- Kaposi's sarcoma of muscle
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Kaposi's sarcoma of lymph glands and nodes - instead, use code C46.3
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders without MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C46.1 - Kaposi's sarcoma of soft tissue'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C46.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 176.1 was previously used, C46.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.