ICD-10-CM Code C46.50
Kaposi's sarcoma of unspecified lung
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C46.50 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of kaposi's sarcoma of unspecified lung. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C46 is used to code Vascular tissue neoplasm
A vascular tissue neoplasm is a tumor arising from endothelial cells, the cells that line the wall of blood vessels and lymphatic vessels, as well as the heart. Vascular tissue neoplasms is a group containing tumors with the same tissue origin; in other words, it denotes histological classification, rather than anatomic (i.e. where in the body the neoplasm is found) or clinical one. They can occur everywhere in the body where vessels are to be found.
|MeSH Codes:||D009383, D009383, D009383, D009383|
|ICD 9 Codes:||171, 176, 215, 238.1|
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms with MCC.
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms with CC.
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code C46.50 and a single ICD9 code, 176.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.