ICD-10-CM Code C48.1
Malignant neoplasm of specified parts of peritoneum
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C48.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of specified parts of peritoneum. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C481 is used to code Primary peritoneal carcinoma
Primary peritoneal cancer or carcinoma is also known as serous surface papillary carcinoma, primary peritoneal carcinoma, extra-ovarian serous carcinoma, primary serous papillary carcinoma, psammomacarcinoma. It was historically classified under "carcinoma of unknown primary" (CUP). Primary peritoneal cancer (PPC, or PPCa) is a cancer of the cells lining the peritoneum, or abdominal cavity.
|ICD 9 Code:||158|
Micrograph of a serous carcinoma, which may arise from the peritoneal lining
Coding Notes for C48.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of cul-de-sac
- Malignant neoplasm of mesentery
- Malignant neoplasm of mesocolon
- Malignant neoplasm of omentum
- Malignant neoplasm of parietal peritoneum
- Malignant neoplasm of pelvic peritoneum
- DRG Group #374-376 - Digestive malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #374-376 - Digestive malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #374-376 - Digestive malignancy without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Sarcoma of mesentery (disorder)
- Sarcoma of pelvic peritoneum (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C48.1 - Malignant neoplasm of specified parts of peritoneum'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C48.1. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code C48.1 and a single ICD9 code, 158.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.