ICD-10-CM Code C49.20
Malignant neoplasm of connective and soft tissue of unspecified lower limb, including hip
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C49.20 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of connective and soft tissue of unspecified lower limb, including hip. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C49 is used to code Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP) is a very rare tumor. It is a rare neoplasm of the dermis layer of the skin, and is classified as a sarcoma. There is only about one case per million per year. DFSP is a fibrosarcoma, more precisely a cutaneous soft tissue sarcoma. In many respects, the disease behaves as a benign tumor, but in 2–5% of cases it can metastasize, so it should be considered to have malignant potential. It occurs most often in adults in their thirties; it has been described congenitally, in children, and the elderly. It accounts for approximately 2–6% of soft tissue sarcoma cancers.
|MeSH Codes:||D018223, D018223, D018223, D018223|
|ICD 9 Codes:||883.2, 883.3, 883.2, 883.3|
Histopathological image of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. Local recurrence long after the first excision. H&E stain
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig with MCC.
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig with CC.
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Primary malignant neoplasm of blood vessel of foot (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of blood vessel of lower leg (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code C49.20 and a single ICD9 code, 171.3 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.