ICD-10-CM Code C60.2
Malignant neoplasm of body of penis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Male OnlyCode is only used for male patients.
C60.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of body of penis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C60 is used to code Penile cancer
Penile cancer is a malignant growth found on the skin or in the tissues of the penis. Around 95% of penile cancers are squamous cell carcinomas. Other types of penile cancer such as Merkel cell carcinoma, small cell carcinoma, melanoma and other are generally rare.
|ICD 9 Code:||187|
Coding Notes for C60.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of corpus cavernosum
- DRG Group #715-718 - Other male reproductive system operating room procedure for malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #715-718 - Other male reproductive system operating room procedure for malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #715-718 - Other male reproductive system operating room procedure except malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #715-718 - Other male reproductive system operating room procedure except malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #722-724 - Malignancy, male reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #722-724 - Malignancy, male reproductive system with CC.
- DRG Group #722-724 - Malignancy, male reproductive system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Primary malignant neoplasm of body of penis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C60.2 - Malignant neoplasm of body of penis'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C60.2. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 187.3 was previously used, C60.2 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.
Parent Code: C60 - Malignant neoplasm of penis