ICD-10-CM Code C67.5
Malignant neoplasm of bladder neck
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C67.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of bladder neck. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C67 is used to code Bladder cancer
Bladder cancer is any of several types of cancer arising from the epithelial lining (i.e., the urothelium) of the urinary bladder. Rarely the bladder is involved by non-epithelial cancers, such as lymphoma or sarcoma, but these are not ordinarily included in the colloquial term "bladder cancer." It is a disease in which abnormal cells multiply without control in the bladder.
|ICD 9 Code:||188|
Histopathology of urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Transurethral biopsy. H&E stain.
Coding Notes for C67.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of internal urethral orifice
- DRG Group #656-661 - Kidney and ureter procedures for neoplasm with MCC.
- DRG Group #656-661 - Kidney and ureter procedures for neoplasm with CC.
- DRG Group #656-661 - Kidney and ureter procedures for neoplasm without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #656-661 - Kidney and ureter procedures for non-neoplasm with MCC.
- DRG Group #656-661 - Kidney and ureter procedures for non-neoplasm with CC.
- DRG Group #656-661 - Kidney and ureter procedures for non-neoplasm without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #686-688 - Kidney and urinary tract neoplasms with MCC.
- DRG Group #686-688 - Kidney and urinary tract neoplasms with CC.
- DRG Group #686-688 - Kidney and urinary tract neoplasms without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C67.5 - Malignant neoplasm of bladder neck'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C67.5. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 188.5 was previously used, C67.5 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.
Parent Code: C67 - Malignant neoplasm of bladder