ICD-10-CM Code C69.6
Malignant neoplasm of orbit
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C69.6 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of C69.6 that describes the diagnosis 'malignant neoplasm of orbit' in more detail.
- C69.6 Malignant neoplasm of orbit NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code C69 is used to code Nervous system neoplasm
A nervous system neoplasm is a tumor affecting the nervous system. Types include:
|MeSH Codes:||D009423, D005134|
|ICD 9 Codes:||, 190|
Coding Notes for C69.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of connective tissue of orbit
- Malignant neoplasm of extraocular muscle
- Malignant neoplasm of peripheral nerves of orbit
- Malignant neoplasm of retrobulbar tissue
- Malignant neoplasm of retro-ocular tissue
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Malignant neoplasm of orbital bone - instead, use code C41.0
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Sarcoma of orbit (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C69.6 - Malignant neoplasm of orbit'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C69.6. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.