ICD-10-CM Code C76
Malignant neoplasm of other and ill-defined sites
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C76 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of C76 that describes the diagnosis 'malignant neoplasm of other and ill-defined sites' in more detail.
- C76 Malignant neoplasm of other and ill-defined sites NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C76.0 Malignant neoplasm of and
- BILLABLE C76.1 Malignant neoplasm of
- BILLABLE C76.2 Malignant neoplasm of
- BILLABLE C76.3 Malignant neoplasm of
- C76.4 Malignant neoplasm of NON-BILLABLE
- C76.5 Malignant neoplasm of NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C76.8 Malignant neoplasm of other ill-defined sites
Coding Notes for C76 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Malignant neoplasm of female genitourinary tract NOS - instead, use code C57.9
- Malignant neoplasm of male genitourinary tract NOS - instead, use code C63.9
- Malignant neoplasm of lymphoid, hematopoietic and related tissue - instead, use Section C81-C96
- Malignant neoplasm of skin - instead, use code C44.-
- Malignant neoplasm of unspecified site NOS - instead, use code C80.1
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C76 - Malignant neoplasm of other and ill-defined sites'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C76. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.