ICD-10-CM Code C76.1
Malignant neoplasm of thorax
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C76.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of thorax. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for C76.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Intrathoracic malignant neoplasm NOS
- Malignant neoplasm of axilla NOS
- Thoracic malignant neoplasm NOS
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms with MCC.
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms with CC.
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Thoracic neuroblastoma (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C76.1 - Malignant neoplasm of thorax'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C76.1. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 195.1 was previously used, C76.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.