ICD-10-CM Code C78.00
Secondary malignant neoplasm of unspecified lung
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C78.00 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of secondary malignant neoplasm of unspecified lung. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms with MCC.
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms with CC.
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Secondary malignant neoplasm of carina (disorder)
- Secondary malignant neoplasm of hilus of lung (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code C78.00 and a single ICD9 code, 197.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.