ICD-10-CM Code C7A
Malignant neuroendocrine tumors
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C7A is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of C7A that describes the diagnosis 'malignant neuroendocrine tumors' in more detail.
- C7A Malignant neuroendocrine tumors NON-BILLABLE
- C7A.0 Malignant tumors NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C7A.1 Malignant neuroendocrine tumors
- BILLABLE C7A.8 neuroendocrine tumors
Coding Notes for C7A Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Also Note:
Code AlsoA Code Also note indicates that two or more codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but the order of codes is at the coder's discretion. Code order depends on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- Any associated multiple endocrine neoplasia [MEN] syndromes See code E31.2-
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify any associated endocrine syndrome, such as:
- Carcinoid syndrome See code E34.0
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Malignant pancreatic islet cell tumors - instead, use code C25.4
- Merkel cell carcinoma - instead, use code C4A.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C7A - Malignant neuroendocrine tumors'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C7A. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.