ICD-10-CM Code C83.8
Other non-follicular lymphoma
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C83.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of C83.8 that describes the diagnosis 'other non-follicular lymphoma' in more detail.
- C83.8 Other non-follicular lymphoma NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C83.80 Other non-follicular
- BILLABLE C83.81 Other non-follicular
- BILLABLE C83.82 Other non-follicular
- BILLABLE C83.83 Other non-follicular
- BILLABLE C83.84 Other non-follicular
- BILLABLE C83.85 Other non-follicular
- BILLABLE C83.86 Other non-follicular
- BILLABLE C83.87 Other non-follicular
- BILLABLE C83.88 Other non-follicular
- BILLABLE C83.89 Other non-follicular
The ICD code C83 is used to code Tumors of the hematopoietic and lymphoid tissues
Tumors of the hematopoietic and lymphoid tissues or haematopoietic and lymphoid malignancies are tumors that affect the blood, bone marrow, lymph, and lymphatic system. As those elements are all intimately connected through both the circulatory system and the immune system, a disease affecting one will often affect the others as well, making myeloproliferation and lymphoproliferation (and thus the leukemias and the lymphomas) closely related and often overlapping problems.
|MeSH Codes:||D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337|
|ICD 9 Codes:||200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209|
Micrograph of a plasmacytoma, a hematological malignancy
Coding Notes for C83.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Intravascular large B-cell lymphoma
- Lymphoid granulomatosis
- Primary effusion B-cell lymphoma
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Mediastinal (thymic) large B-cell lymphoma - instead, use code C85.2-
- T-cell rich B-cell lymphoma - instead, use code C83.3-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C83.8 - Other non-follicular lymphoma'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C83.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.