ICD-10-CM Code C84.7
Anaplastic large cell lymphoma, ALK-negative
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C84.7 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of C84.7 that describes the diagnosis 'anaplastic large cell lymphoma, alk-negative' in more detail.
- C84.7 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma, ALK-negative NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C84.70 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
- BILLABLE C84.71 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
- BILLABLE C84.72 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
- BILLABLE C84.73 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
- BILLABLE C84.74 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
- BILLABLE C84.75 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
- BILLABLE C84.76 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
- BILLABLE C84.77 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
- BILLABLE C84.78 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
- BILLABLE C84.79 Anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
The ICD code C847 is used to code Anaplastic large-cell lymphoma
Anaplastic large-cell lymphoma (ALCL) is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma involving aberrant T-cells. It is described in detail in the "Classification of Tumors of the Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues" edited by experts of the World Health Organisation (WHO). The term anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) encompasses at least 4 different clinical entities, all sharing the same name, and histologically have also in common the presence of large pleomorphic cells that express CD30 and T-cell markers. Two types of ALCL present as systemic disease and are considered as aggressive lymphomas, while two types present as localized disease and may progress locally.
|Specialty:||Hematology And Oncology|
|ICD 9 Code:||200.6|
Micrograph of an anaplastic large cell lymphoma. H&E stain.
Coding Notes for C84.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Primary cutaneous C - instead, use Code D30-positive T-cell proliferations (C86.6-)
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Anaplastic lymphoma kinase negative anaplastic large cell lymphoma (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C84.7 - Anaplastic large cell lymphoma, ALK-negative'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C84.7. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.